Colonial settlement of Middlesex County
and South Brunswick first developed along the trails and waterways used by the
Lenape; many of the roads used today were originally Indian trails. The
Assunpink Trail of the Lenape became the first road in New Jersey and the
primary overland route between New York and Philadelphia, initially running
between the Raritan River in New Brunswick and the Delaware River at Trenton. It
has been called, at various times, the King's Highway, the Post Road, and the
Upper Road, and is presently known as Lincoln Highway or Route 27.
Twentieth century South Brunswick has
seen extensive transformation with the impact of American industrial technology.
The New Brunswick and Trenton Fast Line began operation in 1900, a trolley line
running parallel to the Old Straight Turnpike of 1804 (Route 1), intersecting
George's Road just to the north of the Five Corners intersection in Dayton.
The Fuller family live in Kendall Park (a part of South Brunswick) from September 2001,
with Lee doing the 2+ hour commute into New York City each day.
Our dog Kyrie was buried in the back garden of our house on
Jared Boulevard on January 26th 2004. She was nearly 11 and we miss her.
South Brunswick Township
Some of our relevent places: